Skip to content
- Sphenopalatine a.
- largest branch of the 3rd part of the maxillary a. as it courses into the pterygopalatine fossa
- bifurcates into septal and lateral nasal wall branches
- courses with the nasopalatine n., a branch of V2
- anastomoses anteriorly with branches from anterior and posterior ethmoidal aa. from ophthalmic a. in the orbit
- anastomoses anterior-inferiorly with greater palatine a. (a branch of descending palatine a. from the maxillary a.) within the incisive foramen of the hard palate